192.168.1.250 is a default IP address for configuring the Netgear wireless range extender. To login to the setup wizard, the IP address is a must. You can also login to the page using the Mywifiext address. Let’s dive into details of the setup.
- Plug the extender to the power outlet and place it nearby the router.
- Turn on the extender by pushing the power button.
- Open the web browser and enter the web address. Click on ‘Steps to configure Netgear extender using 192.168.1.250’.
- Enter the login details.
- You will be taken to Netgear Genie smart setup page.
If you are facing the problem in accessing the default IP address, then enter the address as discussed above to get the job done. This is the local address used to set up the extender or manage its settings. The address is Mywifiext net login. Steps to configure the extender using the address are:
- Connect the router and Netgear using Ethernet cable.
- Open the browser and key-in www mywifiext net login in the field.
- Enter admin details and click ‘New extender setup’.
- Read on-screen instructions to complete the setup.
- Update the firmware of your range extender is available for download.
- The URL entered in the address space must be correct or proper.
- Connect the computer to the extender SSID.
- Clear all browsing data, cache, and cookies from the browser.
- If the issue exists in connecting the computer to the default address, then restart it and try connecting to the page again.
- Turn off all the networking devices like modem, router, and extender and turn them on one by one in the same fashion.
- Turn off the computer now and restart after 5 minutes.
After applying the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to login to the account and set up the extender. If you are still having any queries or problems, feel free to talk to the experts available 24×7 online. The experts are well-experienced and technically sound in their field, so they will solve the problem instantly.