Today, we will explain why the Genie connection status displays ‘Not enabled’ message on the computer connected via a wired connection to the Netgear router. Before discussing the troubleshooting steps, we would like to discuss the symptoms.
- Wi-Fi connection status displaying ‘Not enabled’ on the wired computer screen.
- The Wi-Fi connection if displaying ‘Not enabled’ then it means the Genie app has detected that the wired connection is being used by device or computer to access the app.
- Genie’s status is also dependent on the connection done by the router.
- If the Desktop Genie app can be used with the wireless device or when switched from wired to wires, then you will find ‘Automatically enabled’ message flashes on the screen. For example, if you are using the Wi-Fi capability on the desktop computer, then you will find the same interface.
This is how you can remove the ‘Genie app status’ problem from the Netgear router connected to the wired desktop.
Now, we will discuss how to unregister the remote access on Netgear?
If multiple devices are registered on remote access accounts, then you will find the problem using the Netgear Alexa skill. In the upcoming passages, you will come to know how to unregister the remote access from the Netgear router.
- Download and install the Netgear Genie app on your computer first. If you are using the extender and Netgear WiFi extender not working, then you will find the Netgear genie software useful for this purpose. To download the Desktop version on windows, go to the ‘Windows Store’.
- Launch the Desktop Genie app.
- Over to router settings and click on ‘Remote access’ to login.
- Login to the Netgear account using the credentials.
- Select the offline router and model number of the router.
- Tap ‘Unregister’ to remove the device from the Netgear account.
- If you have more than one offline device, then select ‘Unregister’ for each one.
- Make sure that only one device is online at present.
This is how you can enable the Netgear Genie on a remote computer or unregister any device from the Netgear router. For any issue,click here for more options or contact Netgear experts.